Our awards are judged by a panel of award winning CHBA members from across the country, and represent the pinnacle of excellence in their field.
- Each entry will be judged on its own merit, based solely on entry materials provided.
- Entries will be judged by a distinguished panel of highly qualified judges from outside of the Okanagan, who are selected for their expertise in their field.
- An accounting firm chosen by CHBA-CO will monitor the judging process. No others will be allowed to observe the judging of entries.
- The 2024 Okanagan Housing Awards® Finalists will be announced in December 2023 at the Builders Ball.
- Decisions of the Okanagan Housing Awards of Excellence® are final.
CHBA-CO reserves the right to:
- Cancel, combine or split any category due to numerous or insufficient number of entries or at the judges' discretion;
- Withdraw a particular category if all the entries submitted do not meet the criteria or are not of a standard that recognizes excellence;
- Withdraw any entries if they do not meet the criteria or are not of a standard that recognizes excellence;
- Withdraw a particular entry if it does not meet the digital image submission specifications;
- Request any additional information it deems necessary to confirm the information contained in any submission; and/or
- Judges may also re-categorize any entry if, in their opinion, it has been entered in the wrong category, or if it is more appropriate in another category.